TSITSIKAMMA CANOPY TOURS
A first in Africa. Enjoy the unequaled beauty of the indigenous forest high up on ten treetop platforms. Gently glide along in a harness, on steel cables 30 meters above the forest floor. Birdlife is abundant (including Knysna Loeries and the elusive Narina Trogan), and your guides will explain the ecology of the lush primeval forest. Safety is paramount, and the system has been built to the highest civil engineering standards. Guides are fully-trained professionals.
* Duration: About 2½ to 3 hours.
* Cost: R450.00 p.p., including light refreshments & Guides.
* Bookings essential / Subject to availability
* Tours conducted in all weather conditions, but can be cancelled in the interest of safety.
* Ages from 7years to 70years.
* Maximum numbers 172 pax per day (Max 8 pax per group)
* Maximum Weight Limit: 120kg / Pregnant ladies not allowed to take part in excursion.
Journey with us down the old Stormsriver Pass, and experience the indigenous forest from the comfort of a specially-designed vehicle. Follow the elephant trail, passing yellowwoods and stinkwoods, while hearing about the history of the area and the indigenous flora and fauna. Enjoy a delicious lunch or tea at a beautiful picnic site next to the Stormsriver, where wagons outspanned more than a century ago.
* Departure times: Morning Tea: 08H30, Lunch 11H30, Afternoon Tea:14H30
* Cost: Tea trip R140.00 p.p. – Minimum of 6 pax
* Cost: Lunch Trip R200.00 p.p. – Minimum of 6 pax
* Duration: 2½ to 3 hours.
* Tours are conducted in all weather conditions, but can be cancelled in the interest of safety.
* Bookings essential.
* (All ages) / Subject to availability
Bookings essential / Subject to availability
Minimum 4 pax
Goesa Hiking Trail – 2km
Duration – +-30-60minutes
R120.00 per person – including hiking snack pack
The walk starts and ends at the office in Storms River Village. For most of the way this short walk (2km) traverse through indigenous forests. As you enter the forest you will encounter some Hard Pear trees and at the stream you will encounter some beautiful Tree Ferns.
Plaatbos Nature Hikes:
Green route: 5.09km
Duration: 1-2 hours
R150.00 per person – including hiking snack pack
Red route: 7.78km
Duration: 2-2½ hours
R200.00 per person – including hiking snack pack
Yellow route: 8.09km
Duration: 3 hours
R250.00 per person – including hiking snack pack
Combined red & yellow route: 11.2km
R300.00 per person – including hiking snack pack
The walks traverse through forests classified as wet, medium moist and dry High Forest. Four routes have been laid out and been color-coded with yellow (8.09km), red (7.78km) and green (5.09km) footprints giving a choice of walking distances. The routes start at the Office in the Storms River Village. On the yellow route you can have a picnic and swim in the Storm river at the Old Bridge picnic site. The walks are relatively easy and an average of 3km/h can indicate the time needed to complete the various walks.
Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours
Tel: +27 (0)42 281 1836
Fax: +27 (0)42 281 1609